Hi-yo!

17 May 2011

Don Giovanni is breaking my heart, let's seek solace in Poison Ivy

Refuse to do any Don Giovanni work for the time-being. Refuse to do anything work-related at all actually. Sorry if my English is a bit wonky in this entry. I think my brain refuses to co-operate with me.

I don't know why, but I suddenly was inspired to draw Poison Ivy. This is a really weird colouring-style for me. Am pretty happy with it so far, though. I know she looks like a drag queen with too much blush atm. Haha.

Poison Ivy has always been my favourite female villain from Batman. I think it's mostly down to her costume and looks. The combination of red and green is always seductive! In the Animated Series, she's simply got the most seductive voice too. I think she's quite an interestingly complex character, too - but then again, when is a Batman villain never interesting? Like Catwoman and Mr. Freeze, she has moments of humanity and compassion. You can't help but sometimes feel empathy for her.

Also, my sister did a very good rendition of Poison Ivy here. It seems the fascination runs in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment